Glan Dulyn (Riverside Retreat) Holiday Let provides quality self catering accommodation.
In order to provide an effective service to our guests it is necessary for us to process personal data, including sensitive personal data therefore acting as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 2018 which includes the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). How do we collect personal d
The personal details we collect from you
When you purchase our product or service, we collect the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your company (optional)
- Your email
- Your telephone number
- Your agreement to our terms and conditions
- Your consent (or not) to be included in our marketing
- Your payment details when is necessary
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website
- Any other information you have voluntarily given us
We may also collect IP address and geographical information via cookies if you visit our website
How we collect personal details from you
We collect your personal details in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to the following:
- When you contact us for our service / product purchase (or we contact you) by telephone or in person
- When you use, or contact us through our website
- When you use our services.
- When you use or buy our products or services
- When you enter competitions / register for marketing.
- When you complete registration or order forms.
We only collect information that have a moral & legal basis for processing the service that you wanted and processing your personal data. For the purposes of being able to provide the best service to our guests and to provide well designed and manufactured products / services, we will at times need to process your personal data.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data that we process on you.
- You have the right of access to the personal data that we process on you.
- You have the right to rectification of your personal data.
- You have the right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to data portability in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest.
- You have the right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to us processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
How do you use my information?
We may use your personal information for processing your order, dealing with queries, refunds or contacting you if we may be able to help you with the order
We only use your payment details for the single order transaction.
We may also use your personal information for marketing purposesif you have consented to this option. You may unsubscribe at any time.
How do you share my information?
We do not share your information with any 3rd party companies unless it is necessary such as share your information in the following circumstances:
- To prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- To conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- To keep within the law such as maintaining records for tax purposes, defending any claims from other corporate purposes and managing and dealing with insurance claims.
How we safeguard your personal data
We make sure that all of your date is safe by using a range of technical and practical safeguards. We also ensure that operationally we are sound and have carefully followed procedures and awareness within the business. In addition to these day to day safeguards, we also have a process in place to deal with any suspected breach of data. If you suspect that your data has been misused, or has been compromised please contact us immediately at email@example.com
How long do you keep my information for?
We will keep personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide products and services we provide, including aftercare services, and to maintain records as needed to satisfy tax and other legal or regulatory requirements, as well as to protect and defend against claims.
We reserve the right to change the policy at any time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this policy.
Complaints procedure and contacting us
We have appointed an data protection officer (DPO) for issues regarding privacy.
- our specific email address for privacy issues : firstname.lastname@example.org
- our postal address: Glan Dulyn Riverside Retreat Betws Y Coed LL24 0AD
You also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner's Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
Our usage of cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files, downloaded from websites to your digital device (computer, smartphone or other) as you browse and use the internet.
There are two main types of cookie:
- A session cookie that only exists for the duration of your visit to a website. They recognise your computer or smartphone as you move between pages. These cookies can be used, for example, to maintain secure logins.
- A persistent cookie stays on your device for a set period of time and can be used, for example, to remember you when you next visit the website.
The source of each cookie also varies. Some cookies are owned and created by Glan Dulyn (Riverside Retreat) Holiday Let ('first-party' cookies), but others are supplied by independent companies ('third-party' cookies).
When referring to cookies, this also includes similar online tracking devices such as web beacons and flash cookies that we may use.
Cookies are NOT viruses, any kind of malware, programs or applications. Cookies can't see the files on your computer.
Glan Dulyn (Riverside Retreat) Holiday Let, cookies and you
The cookies used on <domain> fall into four categories:
- Strictly necessary
More information about each category of cookie can be found below, and the cookies from the Glan Dulyn (Riverside Retreat) Holiday Let site are listed in full at the bottom of this page.
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies let you move around the website and use essential features such as shopping baskets and secure areas.
We use strictly necessary cookies to
- Remember information that you have entered on web order forms when you visit different pages in a the same session
- Balance the overall volume of website visitors between our computer servers
These cookies will not be used to gather information that could be used for marketing or to remember visitor information outside of a single session.
Performance cookies collect aggregated information about how visitors use our website, eg which pages visitors go to most often, how long they stay, and whether they get error messages. This information is useful to Glan Dulyn (Riverside Retreat) Holiday Let so that we understand how visitors experience our site and it is used to formulate improvements to the website.
Performance cookie information is aggregated and does not identify individuals.
Functional cookies allow the website to remember choices you have made on the website. Examples include
- whether you have been asked to fill in a survey or marketing form
- offering the ability to share content via social networks
Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts that are more relevant to you and your interests, and to reduce advertising that is not relevant. Examples include
- remembering a pattern of website behaviour so that adverts can be made more relevant
- limiting the number of times that advert is seen in order to reduce fatigue
- researching which adverts work best
Advertising cookies collect information anonymously and it is not linked to you as a person, even if you have logged in to our website.
Online Behavioural Advertising
Glan Dulyn (Riverside Retreat) Holiday Let may advertise on 3rd party websites using tracking cookies. Glan Dulyn (Riverside Retreat) Holiday Let places such adverts only in networks that subscribe to the EU Self-Regulatory Framework for Online Behavioural Advertising (www.youronlinechoices.com).
Many browsers give a range of options for managing cookies, including obtaining consent for every cookie, blocking certain types of cookie and blocking cookies from unrecognised websites. Finally, you can set your browser to block all cookies however you should be aware that many sites will not work as smoothly as you are used to and some basic functionality that is dependent on cookies will not work at all.
The following are example links to relevant help sections for some web browsers and explain how to manage your cookies:
If any queries arise from this web page, do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here